We call them the five pillars; the top reasons why members join the St. John’s Board of Trade. Member benefits save you money and provide opportunity. By taking advantage of membership with the St. John’s Board of Trade you can pay for your membership again and again. This is evidenced by the results in our most recent Member Value Survey.
- Advocacy and policy: The St. John’s Board of Trade is the voice of business in Newfoundland and Labrador. The Board’s policy and advocacy work is driven by special committees which are comprised of dedicated members who volunteer their time and are passionate about our city. These committees lobby all three levels of government on your behalf, focusing on issues that affect the businesses we represent.
- Networking and profiling: As a member of the St. John’s Board of Trade, there are many opportunities to network and profile your business.
- Coffee ‘n’ Contacts
- Business Development Summit
- Golf Tournament and other exciting events
- Sponsorship opportunities: Business leaders invest in the St. John’s Board of Trade because they believe in our mandate to make St. John’s a better place to do business. We offer the following programs:
- Corporate Sponsorship Program
- Presenting Partner Program
- Event Sponsorship
- Marketing opportunities: Included in your annual membership fee is a listing in our yearly Business Directory and in our online directory. In addition to your contact information, a link to your corporate website will be added. You can further your marketing efforts by advertising in our monthly publication Business News magazine. The magazine is themed monthly by many of the industry sectors that our membership represents. Advertising on the website and in our weekly electronic newsletter is also available and presents a great opportunity to reach a broad audience.
- Affinity Programs: Your business needs great products and services at exceptional rates. The Affinity Program brings to the table affordable options that allow you to cut costs and offer products that enhance your business offerings. These nationally offered programs include:
- TD Merchant Services Preferred Pricing Program
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
- ESSO Direct Driver Billing Program
Read about how members rate us in the 2010 Member Value Survey top findings.