The St. John's Board of Trade was founded in 1971 to serve as the voice of business committed to the enhancement of economic prosperity and quality of life in St. John's and throughout the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
We are a not for profit organization lead by a volunteer executive and board of directors representing local business. The St. John's Board of Trade is the most influential voice of business in the province to all levels of government
To be the principal voice of the business community for the St. John's region, on economic issues and matters of significant interest to business, for the purpose of enhancing opportunities for our members, and to improve their ability to do business.
The St. John’s Board of Trade is the recognized leader in business advocacy. We are an independent organization that establishes and maintains exemplary standards of professionalism and leadership and remains in tune with, and responsive to members needs. We will facilitate opportunities for our members and offer support to improve their ability to do business, and provide premier networking opportunities in the region.
- Meeting members expectations and serving their needs is our primary reason for existence
- Skilled, engaged volunteers and professional staff are critical to achieving our objectives
- Accountability for ourselves, our members and all levels of government
- Fairness and integrity
- Openness, transparency and inclusiveness
- We are innovative, dynamic, responsive, and pro-active and embrace change
- Government must be accountable, responsible, effective and accessible
- Financial responsibility
- Free enterprise – business is optimistic and courageous
- Community and business leadership
- Corporate stewardship